Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tea for Two

A lovely young couple is enjoying the "Tea for Two" package this weekend in celebration of their first anniversary. They're new to Kansas, and I'm proud to say they chose Hays for their first weekend getaway. They've been antiquing and spent some time at the Sternberg Museum.

I don't often meet young people who are so enthusiastic about tea. We had the best conversation about all things camellia sinensis. For their afternoon tea I served my house blend, tea and roses, with finger sandwiches and assorted sweets. This evening they have a dessert tea in their room:  green Darjeeling in cut crystal mugs and cheesecake with chocolate sauce. A cheery vase of flowers and a scented candle add to the ambiance and are theirs to take home.

At breakfast I may serve apricot brandy tea, since they mentioned an apricot flavored tea they'd enjoyed somewhere. That should nicely complement the special French toast with berries I have planned for tomorrow.

During afternoon tea the young man commented on the Celtic music I had playing. That led to me mentioning Tinderbox, my musical guests from the U.K. (see May 7 post). We ended up listening to the Tinderbox CD, and they really liked that too, no surprise.

Now I'm enjoying a glass of ICED tea under the ceiling fan at the end of this unseasonably hot day. All in all a very satisfying day.

No comments:

Post a Comment