Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Never a boring breakfast

I love my "frequent fliers"...guests who return again and again and become friends in the process. But most innkeepers will tell you that the best part of this business is having the chance to meet and sometimes (if the house is not too terribly hectic) get acquainted with people from all walks of life. People who live such different lives from mine that our paths would not likely have crossed any other way.

Just in the last three days I've had at the TRI a retired fighter pilot; a big-city crime scene investigator, just like the ones on t.v.; a retired couple who are on a month-long road trip in their shiny new little red Corvette; a woman who shares (and probably exceeds) my love of fiber arts, who showed me how to use a drop spindle; and two faithful return guests, one of whom I see frequently at the B&B and the other who is here once or twice a year. Now do you think the breakfast table is ever a boring place to be with company like that? Hardly!

Besides the good company and engrossing coversations, we've all been enjoying the juiciest, tastiest peaches from my own tree. The fruit was a bit late ripening this year, but well worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment