Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Transition

The Kansas Bed & Breakfast Association held its annual meeting and conference in Abilene on March 15. As the KBBA's vice president, I was in charge of planning the conference. Weeks of intensive planning, getting every detail into place, and then...it's all over in a day. (Kind of like Thanksgiving dinner!) Abilene's convention center is in an old train depot with lots of character. It was perfect for our gathering.

We elected new officers, so now I have the pleasure of serving as president of the KBBA, which is sure to keep me busier than ever. For me, the conference marks the end of the winter season.

In this busiest of seasons--early spring--familiar faces and new ones are coming and going at the TRI at a pretty brisk pace. But the garden is beckoning! Where to find the time? Last weekend we had slow, soaking rains, and now it's warm and sunny. Perfect. I've got to get out in the dirt for at least part of the day today.

This morning I snipped the first bunch of tender chives from the garden and folded them into the slow-scrambled eggs. The mint is just beginning to show the first tiny green leaves. By next week I should be able to harvest a little.

Today I will clean the porch furniture and install my new planter boxes on the front porch rail. Yesterday the winter door wreath was exchanged for one with an Easter theme. I'm declaring it springtime in Hays. No more snow allowed!

No comments:

Post a Comment