Thursday, January 7, 2010

Baxter's big adventure



If you have been my guest at the Tea Rose Inn in the last six years, you probably remember my dog Baxter. He's my auxiliary doorbell and constant companion. After driving to southwestern Colorado for the Christmas holiday, I decided to fly back instead of riding home with my sister. That meant that Baxter had to take a trip to the local veternarian for a health certificate declaring him fit to fly, and I had to buy a carry-on dog carrier that would fit under the seat. Baxter had not been inside a crate or carrier in over five years, so he was not happy about that part of the adventure. But he was with me every second, and enjoyed a nice long nap during our smooth flight. Now I know I can fly with Baxter, and I'll be ready for the next time!


1 comment: